Outdoor floor graphics are a creative way to let customers and clients find out about exciting news and promotions about your business. Follow these steps to ensure proper installation of your sign.
a. Exterior surface should be sealed or unsealed concrete/asphalt. All surfaces should be secure, clean, and in good condition. The floors must be free of dirt and debris or run the risk of trapping the contaminant underneath the finished graphics.
For concrete this includes removing any silicone coatings, except in grout line area of tile.
b. For concrete - wipe the entire surface with a towel saturated with rubbing alcohol to ensure a clean surface.
c. The surface must be thoroughly dry.
- Position the panel on the floor. Apply a center hinge using tape. Avoid aligning the edges of the graphic on the grout lines of tile.
- Fold back one end of the graphic. Peel graphic from the liner. Trim off the top half of the liner.
- Starting by the tape, squeegee from the middle to one edge of the graphic. Then squeegee from the middle to the other edge. Using a slightly overlapping pattern continue to the end of the graphic.
- Remove the tape.
- Fold back the other half of the graphic and remove its liner.
- Squeegee the other half of the graphic down using the same squeegee pattern.